Nowadays developing apps, or any other software, requires a smart testing approach. Because of that testers, test leads and any professionals in charge of a testing projects have to answers some basic questions before they start. What tools do use? How to automate on different platforms? What’s the smartest way to approach the project? Usually it means some form of compromise - changing a tool, framework or learning a different approach. What if it was possible not to make compromises, but instead use the skills and tools you know and love?
FOB Solutions managed to run one test across simulators, emulators as well as android and iOSs devices using Cucumber and Cify open-source test automation framework. And now we are going to teach how to create cross-platform UI tests as well!
You can see a preview of what we will teach if you follow this webinar https://saucelabs.com/resources/webinars/cucumber-and-sauce-labs-a-non-compromise-duo
Building cross platform test automation framework
- More similar user flows on software built on different platforms
- For underlying technologies we chose to use open source components:
Using cross platform test automation framework
- Behaviour driven approach - building tests using cucumber
- UI types/different screen sizes
Executing cucumber level tests on cross device-farm approach using SauceLabs example
- Executing same tests on different device farms (saucelabs/test object)
- Integrating cucumber with saucelabs/testobject
- Computer with a pre-done setup - instructions will be added 2 weeks before the conference