As testing shifts left in an agile world, teams rely on the fast feedback of automated scenarios for continuous integration/deployment. Automation frameworks must be designed to be stable, robust, and flexible. The traditional way of automating UI scenarios in a silo doesn’t lend itself to agile practices.
In this hands-on tutorial, you will build an advanced automation framework capable of keeping up with the demands of agile development. This single framework will be capable of supporting the automation of UI and web services, as well as Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) initiatives.
You will learn how to use:
- Advanced concepts in designing your UI automation such as modeling data within your application and componentizing page objects
- TDD with the context of automation development
- BDD specs for test automation
- Cucumber to write steps that execute BDD specs
- Rest-Assured to employ web services to make your tests quicker and less brittle