Note: There are prerequisites for attending this workshop. Please see the prerequisites section.
Most people will have heard that Protractor is an end-to-end test framework for AngularJS applications. But how does it differ when trying to test against Angular applications? How does using TypeScript change how our page objects should look? How should I setup the project? And where do promises fit into all this?
Join this workshop if you’ve been trying to navigate this landscape and learn how to get up to speed with writing tests with Protractor for Angular applications. The workshop will also cover how to write tests that are expressive, and provide guidance on how to keep them maintainable for the future.
- Project setup for end to end tests with Protractor
- How to create page objects in TypeScript to make a DSL
- How to deal with promises
- Other patterns and ideas for making your tests maintainable for the future
Prerequisites for the workshop
- Laptop (Mac or Windows)
- Follow the instructions at: https://github.com/hughleo/protractor-workshop, completing this in advance will ensure we can start the workshop on time