Prerequisites for attending the workshop:
- Everyone is requested to bring their laptop, with a text editor installed to take notes during exploratory testing session
- Everyone is requested to have one smart phone or tablet
Have you ever been in a situation where:-Stakeholders come to you/your QA team and say “We have about 2 hours before we push the new version of the application into production. Could you do some high level acceptance tests and ensure our app is stable before we do it?". You have no idea where to start and what to do in these 2 hours.
You/your QA team has 3 days for testing the new version of the application. You have all these test ideas but do not know which one to do first, how to prioritize your testing and what kind of vulnerabilities to look out for?
I was one such Tester, who was in the above situation many times. Based on my experience testing various desktop, mobile and headless applications for several years now, I started categorizing various defects I have found and realized; there are some common testing approaches you could follow to quickly find vulnerabilities in your applications.
To take this one step further, I did a lot of research on Session Based Exploratory Testing (SBET) and realized the power of paired testing. In this session, you will learn different approaches to break applications by Pairing and doing SBET with live applications.
- Different testing approaches to break applications
- What is Session Based Exploratory Testing (SBET)
- Use the template I formed and do paired exploratory testing on a live application